On this page you can find: Club Constitution; Committee info; Fees, Code of conduct. List of helpers who have their DBS Check, and Qualified Teachers / Coaching Staff:
For any issues regarding child welfare please contact our welfare officer in confidence at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to receive emails about the club please subscribe to the club newsletter by filling in the details in this form. Click here.
Link to the club constitution. Sanctioned rmsc constitutionSanctioned_rmsc_constitution
- President: Pam Etherington-Smith
- Chairperson: Ian White
- Vice Chair: Dave Crabtree
- Treasurer: Paul Adkins
- Secretary, Glynis Baglin (+ASA Registration sec,Admin)
- Allison Roberts – Admin
- Vikki Dipnall – Admin
- Chris Ward
- Joanne Horsey – Swim 21 Co-ordinator
- Charlie Hughes
- Gordon Cooper
- John Lucas – Assistant Welfare Officer
- Kelly Parker-Marshall
- Tracey Evans
- Rachel Turner
- Carol Ebrell
- Coach – Neil Ryan
- Welfare Officer – Rebecca Earl
- Honorary Members of RMSC
- Sue Beavis
- Kath Bradley
- Liz Crabtree
- Pamela Etherington-Smith
- James Goddard
- Judith Lilley
- Brendan Richardson
- Chris Richardson
- Neil Ryan
- David Cartwright
New members charge.
After the AGM of 2016 it was agreed that we would need to apply a one off administration charge of £25 to cover the admin fees levied by ASA (Amateur Swimming Association) our governing body. These fees cover Insurance, ASA member and Regional & Cheshire Association Fees which have to be paid for each swimmer.
This can be paid within the first monthly payment, or as a separate transaction using the same identity code or by cash (in an envelope with swimmers name on it)
Friday nights teaching section : £16 per month
for one 30 min session
Friday night stroke development includes Sat and Sunday comp training £19 per month
two X 1 hour sessions
One X 1 hour 15 min session.
Comp training : sat sun tues £19 Per month
Three X 1 hour sessions
Elite sessions seniors only
Sat sun tues thurs
£26 per month
two X 1 hour sessions
One X 1 hour 15 min sessions
One X 1 hour 30 min session.
Any swimmers on stroke development or competitive side can still attend Badge Night bronze silver and gold and distance nights on a Friday night.
Associate member £9.00 per month
Absent Student £20 per annum For existing members who leave to study and will only be swimming during holiday periods.
Masters Membership, members who pay an annual fee (£60) to cover ASA fees and Insurance but who do not train at RMSC but can swim for RMSC in Masters Events and enter the annual gala.
The Club pay the Cat 1 level fees for all swimmers but those that are Cat 2 are required to contribute the difference which is £16.80.
This was voted in by the committee in 2015. All swimmers of competitive clubs have to be registered to be able to compete within a certain category. The Club pay the Cat 1 level fees for all swimmers but those that are Cat 2 are required to contribute the difference which is £16.80.
What are the categories? These are ASA swimming categories. http://www.swimming.org/asa/clubs-and-members/categories-of-membership/
Who sets them? The ASA.
What are the differences between the categories? See above.
Why are we being asked to pay this in the current year and not previous years? Swimmers have been asked since 2016. It was voted in by the club in 2015
What does the payment cover/purchase for the year? . It allows your child/children to take part in some galas.
Does this cover one calendar year or just to the end of the swimming year/season and it will be payable again in September?. It is payable each year at the beginning of the year.
Who needs to pay – everyone or just people in the tadpoles, mini meet galas or arena league? Anybody who wants their child to be eligible to swim in galas other that the friendly league.
Members wishing to apply to the club for funding please fill in the required form and it will be reviewed by the committee. Please be aware that the most the club will fund anybody is for 50% of the total cost of the course, this will be payed in 2 portions. The first will be paid on completion and presentation of the course receipt and proof of passing the course, the second will be paid at a date some time after when the volunteer has continued to show dedication to the club.The club is in no way bound to make either payment if the candidate leaves the club for any reason or if they are judged by the committee to have not upheld the spirit of the funding which is to contribute to the club from the point of the course onwards. Volunteers who regularly fail to attend will automatically disqualify themselves from the second portion of the payment. Click here.
Code of Conduct.
As a reminder the club has a code of conduct that we expect all members of the club to adhere to. Have a read below if you are not already familiar with it.
- Arrive for training and competition on time, prepared and with the correct kit as requested by the Coach. Do not enter the water until the coach has instructed you to do so.
- Inform the Coach before the start of training if you have any illness / injury which may affect your training.
- Look at and listen to the Coach when they are speaking and follow the instructions given in training and at competition.
- Behave appropriately in the water. Do not sit or pull on lane ropes or disrupt other swimmers.
- Respect fellow swimmers at all times. Bullying in any form (whether that be Emotional, Physical, Racist, Sexual, Homophobic and Verbal, but not limited to these), will not be tolerated.
- Behave sensibly in the changing rooms.
- Notify the team selectors / Coach as soon as possible if you cannot attend a gala for which you have been selected.
- If swimming for your club, stay with your team on poolside. Inform the coach or team manager where you are going if you leave the poolside.
- Do and say nothing that will bring the Club into disrepute.
- Personal conduct must at all times be of a high standard and reflect favourably on the sport and the Club. Bad language in public or relevant group situations is not acceptable.
- Performance enhancing drugs and substances are strictly forbidden. Swimmers are expected to be aware of the current list of banned substances and particular care must be exercised if anyone is on medication prior to or during a competition.
- Illegal drugs and substances: The use of these, even though they may not appear on the official banned list in respect of performance enhancing drugs, is nonetheless prohibited.
At all galas swimmers, parents, helpers and anyone representing Romiley should..
- Accept the decision of gala officials without undue protest.
- Avoid words or actions which may mislead a gala official.
- Show due respect towards gala officials.
- Observe the authority and the decisions of all officials.
- Observe silence at the start of each race.
- Show respect to fellow team members and all members of other teams.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship at the end of each race. Win or lose.
Helpers with DBS Checks.
NAME RENEWAL DATE POSITION
Paul Adkins October 2017 Poolside Helper
Neil Almond September 2018 Level 1 Teacher
Glynis Baglin October 2018 Assistant Coach
Susan Beavis July 2018 Poolside Helper
Joyce Bennett May 2017 Poolside Helper
Kevan Brelsford May 2017 Poolside Helper
Ronan Brindley May 2017 Poolside Helper
David Cartwright January 2018 Committee
Gordon Cooper May 2018 Poolside Helper
Amy Crabtree February 2018 In Pool Helper
David Crabtree April 2018 Poolside Helper
Liz Crabtree February 2018 Level 2 Teacher
Denise DiCaprio May 2017 Poolside Helper
Henry Dippnall September 2017 In Pool Helper
Victoria Dippnall January 2018 Poolside Helper
Raymond Evans August 2018 Poolside Helper
Kelly Fletcher August 2017 Poolside Helper
Emily Harper June 2015 Assistant Teacher
Freya Harper July 2015 Level 1 Teacher
Lesley Heath May 2017 Poolside Helper
Scott Helsby January 2018 Poolside Helper
Joanne Horsey June 2018 Assistant Teacher
Charlie Hughes September 2018 Level 1 Teacher
Chris Morton August 2015 Poolside Helper
Shona Morton Novembert 2018 Poolside Helper
Allison Roberts October 2018 Level 2 Teacher
Louise Roberts January 2018 Poolside Helper
Neil Ryan March 2018 Coach
Jackie Sproston May 2017 Poolside Helper
Rachel Turner October 2017 Poolside Helper
Laura Ward December 2017 Poolside Helper
Alan Wardley August 2017 Poolside Helper
Kevin White June 2018 Poolside Helper
John Willocks November 2017 Poolside Helper
Andrew Worsell May 2017 Poolside Helper
Qualified Level 2 Teachers / Coaching Staff:-
- Neil Ryan – Chief Coach Pool tested
- Glynis Baglin
- Liz Crabtree – Pool Tested
- Joanne Horsey – Pool Tested
- Charlie Hughes – Pool Tested
- John Lucas – Pool Tested
- Kelly Parker-Marshall – pool Tested
- Allison Roberts
Level 1 Teacher/s:-
- Henry Dipnall – Pool Tested
- James Ebbrell – Pool TestedRLSS Qualified Swimmers:-
- Scott Helsby
- Luke Watson
- Ray Evans
- Caroline Liles
- Ian White
- Andy Worsell